Initiation
Not many people know this, but I'm been writing diaries since I was 10. It had started during my second family holiday to Gold Coast, Brisbane. It was a time for me when everything seemed awfully exciting, and there just had to be some way of recording it down!
And so I did. For that short 7 days a plump kid undertook the formidable challenge of furiously penning every single minute detail onto paper while keeping up with the oncoming barrage of sights and sounds, even managing to find time to whine at unreasonable age laws that prohibited "children" from entering casinos. If my bony brother at 16 hoodwinked his way in on the basis of his height, then "this is such a cruel world we live in!" - I had thought.
But it gave me immense satisfaction recording it down, because it was such a milestone for me as a child, and years on as an adult just reading it again evoked the same feelings I had had. Since then I've moved on to penning my thoughts and emotions during the various stages of my life, both the happy and the sad, but altogether unforgettable.
A cherished friend once said,"I guess in life, some gifts are unplanned". And indeed, my life since reaching adulthood has been nothing short of an adventure. Project "Sweet Pea" is the latest thrill ride I'm about to embark on, and perhaps one of the most life changing one I'll be taking, with the hope that at the end of it all, it would define my life purpose, my existence, and ensure a form of continuity in what I've been so fortunate to acquire along the way. I've always resisted the idea of doing a website, because the most meaningful thing I've always had to share really would be my relationships with my family and friends - something about the act of putting it up on public display seems to render it less worthy somehow. But this is significant enough to make a good weblog - something meaningful to share with all of you dear friends, and a more effective way for me to stay in touch. Most importantly, this is meant to be compiled and given to Sweet Pea, the first present from Mommy and Daddy for keeps.
So to my darling Sweet Pea, this is very much for you.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home