Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Naming Pea is hard to do...

We had started brainstorming on a few names for Sweet Pea while in bed on Monday night.

M: What about Megan if it's a girl? Megan Seow
K: Think we should have a middle name as well, no?
M: Ok, Megan Emma Seow. Or Emma Megan Seow. Or Leigh Seow.
K: Leigh?? The kid will get teased like mad (for those who dun know Cantonese, Leigh Seow sounds like "You're mad" in Cantonese) You know, most of the Lynns and Lynettes I know are quite good looking.
M: No Lynns or Lynettes pls! So common!

(We actually have a list of no-no names, instead of yes-yes names. Adding credence to the fact that it is increasingly hard to select good names nowadays)

K: Why are we just discussing girl's names? How about boys'?
M: Maybe we should do a letter thing. You know, All 'K's.
K: Apart from my name which I like, I dun fancy other K names.
M: Ok let's call him Kenneth Alphonsus Seow Jr then.
K: (laughing) Hey how about Hector? I'd like a really masculine name if it's a boy
M: I like! Hector Seow. Middle name?

(after 10 mins of name-popping that was shot down faster than you can say 'waah')

K: How about Tybarius?
M: Hector Tybarius Seow. Nice ring to it. Sounds real man. Like a gladiator. What about the Chinese name then?
K: Oh that's YOUR department!
M: Grrrrr...nice. Maybe we should just borrow a book of names...

(Note: My mother asked me if I was serious about H.T Seow 4 times last night)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home