Tuesday, November 22, 2005

My never-ending stories

There seems to be a growing to-do list which never seems to get done but my ever so-cool hubby says, "We'll worry when we get to it." My pocket diary is full of scribblings and post-it pads that remind me of arrangements that need to be made, information that needs to be gathered and read, and items that need to be bought but somehow they remain that way. The only things I have accomplished are knowing what colour items to buy for Sweet Pea and the Xmas tree project. Meanwhile I'm increasingly moving on to chapter on 'what to expect in the sixth month' in my 'what to expect' book and my post-it pads are growing like my tummy is. Apparently hubby thinks I look so cute in current state he is tempted to 'allow me' in this state as much as possible. It takes a mega-loving, mega-forgiving, ultra-sensitive Class 1 wife like me to keep from inflicting mortal wounds on your partner for saying something like that. Then again, HE could do the nightfeeds, hiak hiak hiak.

Among knotty issues like meeting the confinement lady, sourcing for a long term nanny, deciding on private cord banking and oh getting the baby book of names, I think it's time to start on yoga for preggies. Not exactly cheap (around $25-$27 per session depending on location and package) but the issue is more of maintaining the discipline to head down every sat or tues evening. Discipline is somewhat fleeting at times...I suspect it's highly correlated with the number of times I wake up at night. The more I wake, the more fleeting it is. But fatigue being the worse enemy and incontinence a close second, I enjoy this stage of pregnancy very much. Sometimes I even forget how it feels like before I was pregnant. Weird, but true. Just like crumbs that accumulate on my belly, each day is a day I cherish with Sweet Pea kicking inside me and I know things will never be the same again.

I do hope my waistline will revert to 27 though...

ps: Shane, Curtis crossed out. Perhaps we should organize a naming-contest. Winner gets the honorary title of godpa or godma and gets a special seat during Sweet Pea's birthdays. Will throw in a crown for free.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

not curtis, dear lord ... are you naming a pony or a horse?

21 December, 2005 10:42  

Post a Comment

<< Home