Thursday, October 27, 2005

Rojak thoughts, no wonder got white hair

Lots of people can't get used to my new short-cropped haircut. They liken it to a down-and-out auntie who has lost her zest in life and can't be bothered with anything much. I on the other hand, have never felt so comfortable with so little hair. Washing it after a swim is such a breeze. 1 minute flat with a 20-cent coin worth of shampoo. They're just envious. But they sure know how to get me flipping my old photos.

My food cravings are showing signs of life. Like Tuesday I craved for baked potato with bacon and sour cream, Wednesday was KFC Zinger burger, and today I guess kiddo just wanted a break and we just settled on thinking about strawberry margaritas. I have a breakfast date on saturday with wanton mee and a hot steaming cuppa tea, and fried hokkien mee is slowly worming its way in. But I'm still held fast by the need to feed Sweet Pea nutritious food, and my mind is a powerful thing, so...

I think I should check out Old Airport Road Hawker Centre with the man this weekend. Hiak hiak hiak.

I started thinking again about whether I should stop work for a year to look after Sweet Pea. A huge part of me says yes, the other part says it's just not practical. On my hand it's my child's formative years and the other an annual pay packet of $XX,000. But then again, working in my current job for another year could prove more torturous than looking after kiddo. Will anyone out there hire me to work from home and pay me maybe 75% of my current pay? ANYONE?!

I think it's best I get back to thinking about strawberry margaritas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home