That all too familiar road...
I've just recently resumed surfing the singapore motherhood.com website, which has a very informative forum page made up of contributions by mothers seeking solace, stress relief, and advice to the endless issues that crops up in the course of parenthood. Upon reading some of the entries which I've read previously and that date as far back as 2003, they seem to more close to home now than it did when Ian was still in my tummy. Especially topics like difficulties encountered during breastfeeding, the necessary hourly latch-ons to stimulate supply resulting in immense fatigue during in the first month, lack of support and insensitivity of the people around you... it's all too familiar. Am really relieved that that trying period is over, and as I look back I recall the many words of encouragement from my wise husband - '...this period will pass, and weeks down the road you'll look back with a sense of pride that you did it despite the odds...'.
When things fall apart and times get hard I've always picked up the pieces on my own, but I'm glad that he is around to accompany me across one of my greatest hurdles. He is right in the end of course, and I hope that for many of the women out there, they would as lucky as I am to have someone get across theirs.
Thank you very much, my dear.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home