The reading bug
I have amassed quite a few good books on pregnancy and parenthood, and apart from relishing the last few months of spontaneity and personal time, it's a good time for massive reading. My mother thinks I have such a voracious appetite for books, poor Sweet Pea is feeling stressed already from ABCs.
There's some good stuff at the library these recent years. Now there's an online catalogue that not only allows you to trace if the book is available for borrowing at each of the branches islandwide, but for a mere $1.55, could arrange for a book to be reserved and transferred to any library branch of choice! Good for preggies, no? Good for me indeed, after all my record remains at standing for 7 MRT stations, I cannot afford to be running around different libraries just to source for popular titles.
My areas of reading stem from concerns on how to cope during labour, and how to cope during the crucial first 3 months of having the baby. FEAR, among other insecurities is a big thing to overcome. But I reckon it could be minimised with acquiring knowledge, developing the right expectations, and building inner confidence. It also doesn't hurt to remember that some measure of pain is a necessary process of childbirth, and that parenting, though tough at the beginning, will get easier. So I try to focus on the positives (a life challenge of looking after kiddo) and not dwell on the negatives (welcome to the world of the sleepless!). But it's hard sometimes. My wedding picture seems to be reminding me that like my wonderful wedding gown I'll probably never see again, I can never be 25 anymore, and at 27, my real responsibility as an adult begins.
Meanwhile HUGE positive: time to see Sweet Pea again tomorrow! Do do do do do...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home