Monday, December 05, 2005

Vacation Plan!

It's my last week of work before the long-awaited 3 weeks of annual leave! I haven't begun to work out a list of what I would like to do during this precious time but got a few key things on the back of my mind:

  1. Christmas gift shopping. Always last minute.
  2. Sweet Pea's room and essentials. It's still containing the ironing board, but don't worry kiddo, it'll be done by year end. Trust us.
  3. Meeting up with friends and relatives - before watermelon belly gets too big
  4. Cooking...the dormant cook awakens!
  5. Confirmation of arrangements - cord bank, confinement nanny
  6. Names, names!

Last week had been such a long week at work, am sure Sweet Pea felt it too. For the second time in a row I was late for the ParentCraft class (they must think I'm such a irresponsible mother-to-be by now) but it is rather informative and quite comforting to see other preggies in class. Both of us actually squirmed when a video clip of a epidural procedure was shown. Huge needle. HUGE needle. It's been quite an eventful weekend - We caught our first movie with Sweet Pea...he was kicking during some parts of the movie Aeon Flux. Maybe it was the parts when I couldn't stop thinking, 'Wah Charlize Theron looks really good with that kick-ass body...sigh'. Made me realise we haven't had a decent date in a long time. This and that wonderful night walk at Esplanade last month was nice. Preggy is happy. Also managed to go for my first pre-natal yoga class on saturday. Good stuff. I actually felt good (and sore) after the class. Some stretches were tricky...I actually managed a sweat at the end of it all. Wow. I have a target of 200 kegel exercises to meet everyday plus a motivation to work on my hip stretches so that my head touches my toes and I reach a state of zen despite the howling pain. Speaking of pain, I have in mind to start a checklist for Ken, things that I need him to be reminding me while I howl in pain.

  1. To focus and visualize - think of the end goal, not the process
  2. Breathing techniques. I could hyperventilate and that's not good
  3. Mind games - pain is good, pain means we're 1 step closer to the finish line

I should make a set of flash-cards too, so that i can easily point especially when it's too painful to speak. A few things like:

  1. Stay away for now
  2. Tell me about our plans for the next trip i.e. I need major distraction!
  3. I need a back rub
  4. Gimme a hug and kiss
  5. Ice, I need ice!
  6. It's all your fault i.e. time to remind on focus and visualize
  7. Can't breathe i.e time to refresh breathing technique
  8. I can't take it anymore i.e. remind of HUGE needle in epidural procedure, Mum did it so I have to try

That's my 2005 vacation plan. 4 more weeks to the new year.

ps: I would very much like to name our daughter Charlize if we ever have one in the future. Russell is currently on the top of the list for Sweet Pea.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

waatermelon belly? aiyoh, the yellow or red waatermelon type? what'cha cooking? ah girl, i'm finally coming home ... i think i'm going to flood causeway bay with tears already ...

21 December, 2005 10:40  

Post a Comment

<< Home