Monday, October 30, 2006

Superbed-ledge sweep!

I remember this program called 'Supermarket Sweep', in which contestants had to grab whatever they can within the stipulated time and if the items checked out hits the highest value you win everything in the trolley!

Ian has been doing some 'superbed-ledge sweep' of his own. Since 7 and a half months he's been able to pull himself up to a standing position on the bed either from all fours or from a sitting position, and within seconds my chuckling little mischief reaches, grabs, and sweeps everything in sight off the ledge. Nothing is out of reach - no such thing as too far on the left or right. He just gamely makes his way along the ledge towards it. And chuckling throughout, I might add.

'Hiak, hiak, hiak, ready or not, here I come!' - whoosh!

I know he enjoys it tremendously despite getting painful bumps on his little forehead at times since he's still a bit wobbly, because it doesn't deter him from doing it over and over again, even before bedtime. Somehow he manages to get around things we try to put in place - Dim lights - check, bottle of milk - check, nice and warm temp - check, on bed - check, but noooo people, little one's got other ideas.

Imagine the day when he graduates to doing this from the ground. From the real supermarket.

Did I also mention my little one is potentially armed and dangerous? Rub him the wrong way and he can claw you with all 10 fingers, and sink his 2 teeny teeth with gusto into the most sensitive spots you never knew were so vulnerable. Such beguiling toothy grins they have.

Eh, 180-pounder? No problem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home