Thursday, August 25, 2005

My customised army rations field pack!

It's results reporting season, so late nights are quite the norm once again. Stayed back a bit last night, and probably will do so too tonight, and early next week as well.

Changi Business Park (CBP) is serene in the daytime, and downright sad in the night. With little or no nearby amenities and the canteen closing by 5pm, those who work late or during the nightshift either bring their own food to be heated up in the microwave, or go hungry. I doubt even that Macdonalds would want to deliver to a place such as this.

Sweet Pea was very understanding last night. I only realised that I didn't retch as I normally would at evenings when I got home. Perhaps it was the endless stream of food I ensured the poor kid had access to, to make up for a lack of attention. I guess I tend to be so focused at work, I switch off to everything else. Nevertheless my desk drawer is even more well-stocked now, since it's no longer just preventing my gastric from flaring up when i work past dinnertime but also to feed the child that's growing rapidly within me.

Here's what I have:

1) Packet drinks - 3 in 1 Milo, Nestum, Herbal tea, Ginger tea. Other beverages include honey and Vitamin C tablets
2) Individually wrapped biscuits - Khong Guan dry crackers, Khong Guan lemon puffs, Jacob's Oatmeal, Luxury brand salted crackers
3) Myojo cup noodles (though Nissin tastes much better)
4) Sweets - Ribena Vitamin C, sng muay

In my handbag, these are the new essentials:

1) Medicated oil - In case I feel faint
2) A survival food pack - consisting of Khong Guan dry crackers, lemon puffs, chocolate crackers, sng muay
3) Plastic bags - lots of them. I even have one stashed in my wallet in case I only have that with me

Maybe I should pack maggi's quick to cook porridge and see if the microwave oven can cook it at work.

Anyhow, I think my baby will not like biscuits very much in future when born. Somehow I have a sneaky suspicion that he/she will be a Chinese baby that might look a bit Eurasian (thanks to 'hamsome' Daddy Kenneth) and craves for Indian food. From me? Hopefully an adventurous streak to try out and develop an appreciation for all sorts of food there is out there. As what my parents once hoped for me when I was young, I hope he/she will never have to worry about having no good food to eat! :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget cups of instant soup! Campbell has some good ones. Lots of MSG, but if you dilute one packet into two servings, the MSG is probably manageable.

25 August, 2005 10:42  

Post a Comment

<< Home