Friday, September 30, 2005

Emotional Rollercoaster

I was feeling low again last night, overwhelmed by the same wave of helplessness and fatigue over the past 2-3 months. Sometimes I try to battle them with sheer mental will and it works, but in others I can literally feel it creeping up and before long I just give in to the depressed demon within. Last night was one of those times where I just caved in. Guilt and the sense of failure that comes with it are the devil's perfect advocates. I now have a greater appreciation of what mothers have to go through, and so grateful that my mother has always been there when I needed her. Last night was no exception.

Today I feel much better, although it's CF's last day at work. Perhaps it's the wonderful farewell lunch we had, or the 2 games of pool we played, or the opportunity to re-live those happy memories again and marvel how things have changed in just one year. In the next 6 - 8 months, the entire original team might've left...but it's a happy ending at least! And me, I'm just happy that I've announced about Sweet Pea ('Oh that explains your mood swings..' - said a colleague), and that my bank balance looks healthier now...hehehe.

It's October tomorrow, and soon it'll be time to get a Christmas tree. I see a beautiful sunset now...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

xmas?? did you say xmas tree? oh my god, i recall that "oh-my-god-they-do-not-hv-the-xmas-tree-that-we-want-at-the-stall-in-concourse-cos-we-delayed-too-long" incident. and how you kept trying to call the shop to get alternate trees. hahahahhahaa .... oh my god, NOT funny, ewil jan will be in HK still.

04 October, 2005 16:26  

Post a Comment

<< Home