Oh music, oh joy!
I'm grateful for the ability to listen to music at work. Few people subscribe to the notion that having music in the background enhances powers of concentration and leads to higher productivity at work. Well it happens to work for me - may it be doing excel manipulations, sourcing for information or even writing, music provides me with inspiration, and that essential groove to keep going.
The exception is of course, when it comes to serious book-mugging and drafting a life or death email. Or when your boss is staring at you in the face.
But yes, I'm a spoilt worker - I don't like to be micro-managed, and I can't stand nit-pickers. I'm an adult with superior reasoning powers - as long as I deliver the goods, don't question how I did it but laude the fact that I did it within that miserable 'asap' time frame that always comes with it. Maybe that's why I like my current job to a certain extent - I don't get micro-managed, and I get recognition for delivering the right stuff. It may have been the perfect job if it didn't require an hour's journey from home, but considering that Sweet Pea needs a serene environment, maybe I do have the perfect job now.
I think with time, Sweet Pea will get to enjoy CBP. First there's that wide selection of songs that Mommy listens to everyday, most of it that makes her happy, which in turn, should make Sweet Pea bob along too. He/she'll know of the evergreen ABBA, the undying Elvis, Mommy's jazz and oldies favourites, modern rock bands like Maroon 5 and U2, and the sensory instrumental pieces of Kevin Kern and Jim Brickman even before the birth. There's that wonderful swimming pool on the 8th floor that I'm gonna hit once more as soon as the gynae says ok, and the visual treat of aeroplanes taking to the skies. The languid pace is also welcoming since it complements my current sluggishness. Plus since I'm embarking on 'auntie-dom', it's comforting to know only trees will be passing judgement on my pale and squalor face.
Tomorrow I'll get to see Sweet Pea on the ultrascan again. I wonder how much the sweetie has grown since the last gynae visit weeks ago. Can't wait! :)
---------------------------------------------
I've found the reason for me
To change who I used to be
A reason to start over new,
And the reason is you...
I've found the reason to show
A side of me you (wouldn't) know
A reason for all that I do,
And the reason is you...
---------------------------------------------
'The Reason', by Hoobastank

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home