Friday, September 02, 2005

Pigs will fly before I get to

I had a great birthday celebration with my family yesterday. There was a generous amount of home-cooked food, layered with yummy chocolate ice cream cake and sprinkled with lots of family warmth. Although I was whinging about how much better I looked during my 21st birthday 6 years ago, the feeling is so much more special now than then. Heartfelt thanks to them for making it so wonderful! I have a new addition to my stuffed toy collection, a cute little female sunshine bear named 'Twinkle Tot' whom Ken thinks is very representative of me. The family is indeed expanding nicely. :)

I'm listening to Abba's 'Dancing Queen' this morning and thinking of how everyone's nicely 'dancing' off to somewhere else except me.

Here's the check-in list:

  1. My ex-colleague a.k.a Ewil Jan has left for HK
  2. Kenneth flying off to Ireland
  3. Sis-in-law and parents in law flying off to London.
  4. Other sis-in-law flying to Jakarta
  5. Good friend Stella flying to New York
  6. Other colleague soon to be ex- flying home to Sri Lanka

Somebody, put me on a plane this instant! I want to go to Greece, I want to go to Italy, I want to visit my old haunts in HK, and Bora Bora too! I want to fly to Belgium again and be mesmerized by chocolate; I want to fly to Japan and slurp a delicious bowl of ramen; I want to fly to Seoul to shop all day and eat shabu shabu again!

But nooooo...all these will have to wait. Plus, I'm in no shape to travel anyway. I first need to find pants that and be zipped up, lengthy bra-extensions, fly first class so that I can stretch my legs, carry a big bag of food and fruit since I probably can't eat anything else on the plane, and the energy to hang out for at least an hour. Think it's cheaper and less troublesome to transport a cow across the world than to fly me anywhere. At least the cow could take flu medicine.

Actually if not for my job change, we could've travelled quite a bit last year and this year. But as things would have it, we couldn't. But I didn't always have the travel bug. Last year I was happy just to relax at home, soak up the revelry of married life, and was planning on flying off sometime end of this year for a second honeymoon getaway. Well, well, well.

At least I get to watch planes fly everyday...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lord of the Flies - A Weblog from Downtown New Orleans
I've been following an incredible blog written by The Interdictor, part of a team keeping a ... Anyway, these people have done heroic public service, and I recommend them to everyone: NOLA.com (http://www.nola.com/) , the on-line presence of the Times-Picayune.
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a legitimate work from home site. It pretty much covers legitimate work from home related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

02 September, 2005 09:55  

Post a Comment

<< Home