Tuesday, January 03, 2006

2006, already?!

I can't believe that my vacation has gone by. I am in denial. I wonder why I am back in office, calculating relative PEs and PBs and number of inventory days and filling out a crazy financial template that no pregnant woman should ever be made to do so. It is just unreal. I should be home reading and watching baby looney tunes on cable, or out shopping. How could it all end so soon? I am in denial.

There is also somewhat a creeping denial that I will soon be a mother in 3 months. The preggy books say it's normal to feel insecure and fearful - keeps you in check against complacency. If there's something the preggy books underplay, it's that pregnancy builds fatty deposits in the brain. I am in matrix-world, where everything is in slow-mo, and nothing scintillates the mind except a nice cool breeze. Increasingly cocooned in a mental-void, all thoughts are centred on 'how to increase milk supply', 'breathing techniques during labour' and all other stuff related to motherhood. I cannot for the world remember how to do financial statements, cannot remember how the days have gone by, and how I even managed to make my way to work this morning. I haven't even made a conscious effort on my new year resolutions and somehow it's time to keep the Xmas tree. But while I am sometimes afraid at how elusive time has become, 2006 is a landmark year for me, a year where for the first time, I'm strangely optimistic, and deep down, happy and content.

Happy new year 2006, and happy 7 months, Sweet Pea!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home